When the State Normal and Industrial School was established in 1891, it was governed by a Board of Directors. This body was charged with overseeing the administrative actions of the school, including the appointment of the president. In 1932, the school changed it name to Woman’s College of the University of North Carolina and became one of the three branches in the Consolidated University of North Carolina. Administrative duties for the school were shifted from the Board of Directors to the University of North Carolina Board of Trustees. These are the records of the Board of Directors, created between 1891 and 1931.